(Foreword: I am a single-issue protagonist. This means I never speak out about politics, controversies, debates, or trending topics. When everyone else screams and howls, I stay quiet. But I will not be quiet about this.)
I run a non-profit. I recruit and train mentors to help rebuild children’s lives. Every day, I have the joy and privilege to see mentors reaching children from single-parent homes, children in extreme poverty, children dropping out of school, children in legal trouble. These mentors are quietly changing the American landscape. Our staff works extremely hard, is modestly paid and everyone works a double or triple load. Your tax dollars do not pay for my salary, which was $49,000 last year. Your tax dollars don’t pay for anything in our organization, we receive no federal or state funding.
Planned Parenthood is also a non-profit. But they don’t rebuild children’s lives, they cut them up in the womb.
They cut them apart with scalpels or scissors or syringes or crush them with forceps and then harvest and barter their organs. If the liver and heart has value, then so does the baby. As my friend and former White House Staffer, Michael Wear said, "It should bother us as a society that we have use for aborted human organs, but not the baby that provides them.”
Planned Parenthood does 898 abortions a day. Over 90% of their services for pregnant women are abortions. (Note: This is not all of their services, but services performed on pregnant women.) Since Roe, Planned Parenthood is leading the charge for 58,000,000 abortions. Fifty-eight million and counting. (For numerical perspective, the United States has just over 300 million people.) The best part? You help pay for this. Planned Parenthood receives 500 million in tax dollars, every year. 500 million. Blood money. Organ-harvesting money. Your tax dollars also help pay the Planned Parenthood CEO $523,000.
This is infanticide. This is infanticide. This is infanticide. Even more, this is state-sponsored infanticide and organ harvesting, and you are picking up the bill.
Your money goes to cut up children in the womb and then be “harvested.” Senior PP Executives have been caught on camera - three times - with 10 more videos to be released. They are haggling over and joking about the price of body parts, harvested from the bodies of unborn babies. Mary Gattas, medical director of PP Los Angeles, said: "Let me figure out what others are getting. If it's too low, then we can bump it up. I want a Lamborghini."
Because well, everyone knows a sports car is more valuable than a baby.
Selling organs is a federal crime under the National Organ Transplant Act (NOTA) with penalties of five years prison time and steep fines. There are further expected penalties when a federally funded NGO does this. Let me be clear: this is not just about abortion or a woman’s right to choose. This is not just about mass, state-sponsored infanticide. This is about the harvesting and bartering of baby organs, which is a reckless evil and a federal crime. Making unborn baby hearts and livers and brains a commodity – like crude oil, silver and gold – must stop.
A former employee of StemExpress (one company harvesting fetus organs from PP babies) is sickened and said this: "It's basically a huge trafficking of fetal tissues. We are a company that hires procurement techs to draw blood and then dissect dead fetuses and sell the parts to researchers."
What is our responsibility? Rise up. Cry out. Move. Speak. Act. Hold nothing back. Remember: Inaction is approval. Silence is endorsement. In the midst of another horrific genocide, Dietrich Bonhoeffer wisely said: Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
Sources - with notes:
1. PP Abortions per day 898. (I lowered this number from 1000 in my original article to 898 per day.) : http://cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/planned-parenthood-we-did-327653-abortions-one-year, http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/01/01/planned-parenthood-annual-report-all-about-abortions-and-profits/
2. Total Number of Abortions since Roe v. Wade in 1973 in US alone, 58,105,000. Number of abortions worldwide? 1.3 billion. 1/6 of our global population has been "aborted" in the womb. http://www.lifenews.com/2015/01/21/57762169-abortions-in-america-since-roe-vs-wade-in-1973/ http://www.numberofabortions.com/ (Note: numberofabortions.com is a sobering website.)
3. Tax Dollars received by Planned Parenthood: 540 million in 2012. 528 in next fiscal year. I rounded down to 500. from the annual PP report: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/6714/1996/2641/2013-2014_Annual_Report_FINAL_WEB_VERSION.pdf https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/planned-parenthood-received-540.6-million-in-tax-dollars-performed-327166-a http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/planned-parenthood-we-got-5284-million-taxpayer-funds-one-year http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/07/22/are-being-double-taxed-why-obamacare-may-render-planned-parenthood-obsolete/ http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/rand-paul/2015/07/17/rand-paul-cut-funding-planned-parenthood/30308591/
4. "90% of services to pregnant women are abortions." (NOTE: this is different from ALL services. I understand PP does more than abortion, which is why I did not say "90% of all services." That is not true. This 90% number is services related to pregnant women = big difference.) https://www.ortl.org/feb-mar-2013/746-pp-annual-report.html http://www.sacfl.org/sites/default/files/files/91percent%20get%20abortions.pdf http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/video-debunks-planned-parenthoods-deceptive-abortion-figures A video that goes after the internal claim that 3% of all PP service are abortions. I am not claiming this, I just find the video interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIOBOFaVYs
5. CEO salary - I said $523 - which is a bit under. This does not include health care + other benefits, like retirement, possible car or housing allowance, employee taxes, etc. In actuality, this number is probably right around $600 with salary + benefits. http://cnsnews.com/news/article/barbara-boland/planned-parenthood-got-5406-million-government-grants-fy-2013 http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/planned-parenthoods-ceo-makes-more-half-million-annually
7. Criminal Offense of Selling Organs: http://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/can-i-sell-an-organ.html https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/274e
8. PP claim "We don't use any Federal Funds to pay for our CEO Salary or for Abortions." I don't take this on directly in the article, but this claim is not fully true. This is why I say "we help pay for it." PP claims the $500 million tax dollars received per annum is tagged for services other than abortions. My organization receives tagged grants frequently, where we make specific, programmatic account for those dollars. However, by having the tagged grants pay for those "other services" they also passively pay for the CEO and other salaries and abortion, as well as other programmatic and operation expenses. Meaning, if I receive a tagged grant where I must pay for a certain existing program, that tagged money gives me the freedom to reallocate existing funds to other salaries and programs. A massive, annual grant that pays 30-40% of the budget, as in PP case, allows a ton of accounting freedom to juggle things around and say "this pays for that."
9. "Harvesting organs." This is what all of the current debate is about and what prompted me to write this article. For one, I hope and pray to God this is not true. I hope I'm wrong. If I am somehow wrong, I will remove this post and publicly apologize for missing it. But with these two recent videos and the recorded conversation, and the objective reports (post videos) are all quite damning. Again, I hope I am wrong. I am obviously Pro Life, but I am outraged at the possibility that my tax dollars are funding a horrific and illegal harvesting operation at the expense of the unborn. And regardless of your stance on abortion, you should be outraged too. The title of the third article is my point - "Why Pro Choice Americas Should be Upset with Planned Parenthood." http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/22/editorial-congress-should-withdraw-planned-parenth/#.VbA9s-Fvip4.twitter http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/07/16/media-matters-accidentally-highlights-planned-parenthoods-admission-of-profit-seeking-on-organ-harvesting/ http://theweek.com/articles/567677/why-even-prochoice-americans-should-upset-planned-parenthood